For most shops, your best option is to upgrade your version of SQL Server. Here is a list of pros and cons to consider:
- No questions about supportability and compliance
- Latest features for developers, DBAs, etc
- Enterprise edition features in standard potentially
- Best performance
- Maximize time after
- Upgrades are actually not as scary as folks think!
- Sounds scary (it isn’t as scary as it sounds, though!!)
- Requires you to take some action (but that action protects you!)
- May cost some license money
- May require some minimal vendor support or buy in
Good if you…
- Want to take advantage of new features
- Care about security and compliance
- Are excited about performance enhancements
- Want to make all those people on the home page of this site happy
Download Our Checklist
Haven’t upgraded SQL Server yet?
You’re not alone!
That’s why we created this site – to make it as easy and simple as possible for you to navigate the path to achieving success with your SQL Server upgrade. We hosted a webinar series on this topic and are making the content available here for free. You can watch the webinar recordings below but to get more information, please be sure to visit our full SQL Server Upgrades Made Easy web page.